PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Nested Families and visibity

PHSKS
2016-07-01, 11:17 AM
I have a nested family comprised of extrusions and imported door handle family. I have a Yes/No visibility parameter for this nested family in the host family. Whenever I go to the model to turn off visibility for the whole nested family, everything turns off except for door handle.

Door handle of the same family is also in the host family (not-nested) but the yes/no visibility works fine.

Anyone know why door handle doesn't go invisible when in nested family? From what I can recall, it does go invisible when testing parameter in host family.
Is it something in the door handle family, or nested family? I'm I shoudn't have to only add door handles in the hosted family.

Yna-Db
2016-07-01, 02:06 PM
Hi, there are different ways to manage the elements visibility : you could try to label the door handle as a family type parameter to control its visibility instead of using a Yes/No visibility parameter (http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-1E6281BF-3194-40DB-8590-A60767E03FF1), and then create a door type without any handle. You could also set the Family Elements Visibility Settings of the handle to only 3D views. Actually I don't really get what you mean by "I go to the model to turn off visibility for the whole nested family" : which way do you do this precisely ?

PHSKS
2016-07-02, 11:41 AM
thanks. the family type parameter works.

and the bit you are unclear about is me just going to the project model, type properties of family, untick the foor handle visibility parameter.

Yna-Db
2016-07-03, 08:13 AM
Fine to read that it works that way