PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Revit 2017 won't start

thomasf
2016-07-06, 10:23 PM
The last two days, I have prepared my laptop to download & install Building Design Suite 2017. I uninstalled all previous versions of all my Autodesk products. I then performed a defrag on my main hard drive, Then, because I eventually want to get Windows 10 before the free deadline is up, I upgraded my IE to 11. I then downloaded and installed the Building Design Suite and all the available updates. I was able to get through the activation process with my seriel number. However, now when I launch any program from the design suite, it immediately crashes!

I have repaired the Microsoft.Net Framework, I have repaired the Revit installation, and I have upgraded the drivers on my video card.

Has anybody else encountered this issue? Does anybody know of any solutions? I've been searching the internet and have not found any yet.

I appreciate any and all help.

Tom

Brian Myers
2016-07-07, 04:47 PM
I would try this process:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/Revit-Installation/files/GUID-2DC7BE05-FE32-4E49-BA43-6EED211DC6B1-htm.html

If it doesn't work after that, I suggest submitting a case to Autodesk Support.

thomasf
2016-07-07, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the reply Brian. I actually followed those steps last year, because I had a similar problem when I installed Building Suite 2016. However, after consulting a few others, including the man who built my machiine, the consensus is that during the process of uninstalling, defragging etc. my Windows install has been corrupted, and I was advised to wipe the machine and reinstall everything!