PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Text Box Problems: Missing Text

D_Aaron_Wells
2016-07-07, 03:32 PM
We just discovered a bug with the new text routine that really has us concerned:
Within a single text box - it had the words "Building Official:" in it - only the word "Building" showed when the page was printed. We went back to the page in Revit, and, sure enough, the word "...Official:" had disappeared. When we clicked on the text box and clicked off of it again, it showed correctly again, "Building Official:".
This problem does not appear to arise consistently, but there is no way to know without further scouring through finished drawings whether or not this has happened in some critical place.

david_peterson
2016-07-07, 04:26 PM
was this a model that you upgraded to 2017 from 2016 or a new model all in 2017?

Mike@ADa
2016-07-07, 08:59 PM
Yes, we have found that as well with models upgraded from 2016 to 2017. You need to extend the grip at the end of the text box so that the text box area is longer than the text itself. Very frustrating and annoying.

anetace
2016-09-29, 12:08 PM
Does anyone know if there a fix for this issue. A quick fix is to select all the text in the project, zoom in tight, and nudge in any direction and the "missing" words (and even sometimes the last letter in a word) reappear, temporarily we do not know yet. I have instructed users to include a space or two at the end of the sentence to make the text box bigger, hopefully that works for now.
Revit Architecture, Revit Structure 2017 using Arial text.

glynnis.patterson
2016-10-04, 01:43 AM
I don't think there will be a fix, as it is part of the Autodesk strategy for improving the text editing. For a lengthy analysis of the issue, including graphics that show the impact, you can read this blog post by Ben Bishoff: http://ideatesolutions.blogspot.com/2016/05/revit-2017-text-size-changes.html

If you have Bludbeam you can do a compare to see the text differences after you upgrade your project (ugh)!

Glynnis Patterson
www.ideatesoftware.com

abitadeuce
2016-12-01, 08:23 PM
I am having the same issue with the last word disappearing in text boxes. This happens every time up upgrade a model from 2016 to 2017. It happens every time I save a model in 2017 on my laptop then open it on my work PC using 2017 and vice versa. It also happens occasionally when I save and open on the same computer.

This is very frustrating and has the potential to make us look bad. I do save all files on Dropbox but don't see how this could be an issue.