PDA

View Full Version : 2015 section cuts and elevations

htlmv
2016-07-13, 03:17 PM
any particular reason why when a referenced section cut in plan does not show up in the elevations?

do I need to add another referenced section cut in the elevations as well?

thanks,
Howard

david_peterson
2016-07-13, 05:31 PM
Are you placing a "referring view" section or a live section?
Do you have the section cut set to to not appear at that scale (ie the "Hide at Scales courser than")
Filter?
is the section cut in plan with in the extents of the elevation?
Or was it a dependent detail cut?
Just some thoughts.

htlmv
2016-07-13, 06:10 PM
View / Section / check box for 'Reference Other View / select sim section and place section cut in plan.
the properties of the ref cut has very limited info.
Plan is at 1/8"
elevation is 1/8"
wall section is 3/8"

david_peterson
2016-07-13, 06:43 PM
Referenced view sections, elevations, callouts, detail sections are only visible in that view as they are referenced and not live.
They also can't be copied from one view to another.
ie if you had a bunch of typical call-outs on a floor plan, and you wanted to copy them from one floor to the next, I don't believe that you can do that.
At least is didn't work the last time I tried. it.

htlmv
2016-07-13, 07:05 PM
basically just need to do the old autocad way and add 'ref' cuts to the elevations that match the floor plan 'ref' cuts.

no other way about it.

thank you for your help David.

Thanks,
Howard

david_peterson
2016-07-13, 07:39 PM
Nope that's not correct either, that would be cheating.
Using the "Reference Other View" option is a good option for Details or drafting views that you have in your model. It's the smart way. But because a live section can only exist in one location, you have to reference that location.
If you wanted to do the smart dumb thing, that works too, but not as automatic.
Create a detail item that looks just like the section cut. Add 2 parameters (type base) for Detail Number and Sheet. At least that way, when something moves you can easily update it but changing the type.
But I'd still recommend the reference other view. You just have to cut all of them.

htlmv
2016-07-13, 08:25 PM
I know that the live sections automatically shows up in all other plans and the respective elevations.
i.e. 1/a401 (live section on the East side of the floor plan) will be visible in as mentioned. I will then add the ref section 1/a401'SIM' (on the West side of the floor plan). I will need to create that same ref section in the West Elevation that references 1/a401'SIM' on the floor plan.