PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Need Help with Calculated Value

janderson664783
2016-07-27, 06:17 PM
Im creating a Tag, with a label to identify Name of the room
We have a shared Parameter called Occupancy Room Function, this shared parameter we will enter a text name ie "Storage" or leave it empty
If it is empty i want the label to then referance the parameter Name.
The idea is that if a rooms Function is not of the name of the room that on our occupancy plan that it would show thats rooms function per the occupant table in the cbc.
I was thinking an IF/THEN but i would not know how to start it.
The parameters are as listed.
Occupancy Room Function: shared parameter
Name: parameter for rooms

basic, If Occupancy Room Function = empty Then Name

Any ideas or help would be great.
Not sure if this can be done or not
We are now using Revit 2017

Revitaoist
2016-07-27, 06:47 PM
Simplify things and don't use the NAME for occupancy calcs. Just make a parameter for occupancy and assign the proper occupancy for each room, then make a key schedule to assign the maths based on occupancy and a color fill to go with it.

janderson664783
2016-07-27, 08:38 PM
Hi thanks for the reply,
What i'm trying to do is not a number calculation. I have that working. Its the Names of the Room (all text). On our Occupancy/Exit plan we want to put a Function label which maybe different then the room name. Example, Room name "Office" would be "Office" for the function, so the name would be the function name where as Room name might say "Private office" but the function label name would be "Office". Hope that clarifies.

Simplify things and don't use the NAME for occupancy calcs. Just make a parameter for occupancy and assign the proper occupancy for each room, then make a key schedule to assign the maths based on occupancy and a color fill to go with it.

barthbradley
2016-07-27, 09:29 PM
if formulas cannot be used with text.

Yna-Db
2016-07-29, 09:43 AM
Here is a good summary of what can be done with functions : http://www.revitforum.org/tutorials-tips-tricks/1046-revit-formulas-everyday-usage.html
Extract: Conditional statement uses this structure: IF (<condition>, <result-if-true>, <result-if-false>)