PDA

View Full Version : 2017 dependent sections + scope boxes

rcook681984
2016-08-03, 07:07 PM
Revit 2017

Working on a long Clubhouse that requires splitting building sections into 2 to fit on a single sheet.
Now in my floor plans, These sections, after duplicating with dependency, create multiple instances of the section head and tail along the original parent line. These can be manually hidden, but I was hoping to use scope boxes to control the visibility of these sections in other views.

We have used 3 scope boxes in order to create uniformity across sheets in terms of crop extents.
One scope box is the overall building; levels, grids, and building sections have been assigned to this.
The two other scope boxes are East and West, partially overlapping in the center. These dependent sections have been told to reference their respective scope box.

It was my interpretation of scope boxes that these 2 dependent sections could be associated to their own scope box, and thereby not be visible in a floorplan that is assigned to the other scope box. In practice this is not the case, any advice as to avoid manually hiding dependent section tags in every view would be greatly appreciated!