PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Creating profiles using pick-line tool issues...Please help.

j1.cullen687916
2016-08-04, 03:38 AM
I am having difficulty creating in-place-mass objects from 3 dimensional drawing content in Revit. In plan view when I use 'pick-lines' tool to create the outline I wish to extrude using solid command, it duplicates each line in place, rather than creating the 'purple, projected-onto-plane' line that I would expect necessary for a looped extrusion. Is there a way to do this? Basically, Is there a way to toggle the pick line tool to project the line onto the active working plane, so it is on the same plane as all other picked lines?

Yna-Db
2016-08-04, 07:41 AM
Hello, I'm not sure to understand without any illustration, but I would guess that you need to set your workplane before picking lines.

david_peterson
2016-08-04, 05:14 PM
If you're picking lines that aren't all in the same plane (I'm guessing one might be overlapping the other or something) it won't work.
If you're doing extrusions, start the model in place command from a 3d view. This should allow you to "PicK" the individual line segments of the 3d .dwg file you're looking at.

Yna-Db
2016-08-04, 06:52 PM
This question made me curious and I tried with a 3D CAD model, but I get my lines onto my placement plane even when I am on a floor plan, and I don't really grasp why it doesn't work for you. Did you make use of the "Draw on workplane" / "Draw on face" functions?