PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Revit Curtain Wall Corner Mullions

markthompson.arch689445
2016-08-07, 03:10 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a situation where a curtain wall corner mullion is set back from the glazing line but the glass extends beyond the mullion to meet (Image 1). I've managed to only do it by creating a custom Curtain Panel family and add an instance parameter that allows me to manually extend the geometry of the end panel (Image 2). This works fine but what it seems to do is then remove the Adjust for Mullion feature so that the panel now does not overlap the interior mullions (Image 3).

Does anyone have a solution for this so I either don't have to have a custom panel/manual input for amending the sizes of panels by having system panels or is having loadable families the only way I can do it? I can build an overlap into the custom panel so it automatically fixes the Adjust for Mullion problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Mark

damon.sidel
2016-08-10, 01:30 PM
Hi markthompson,

Good first post! This is a tricky, quirky thing that I don't think is obvious. You can actually edit the system curtain panels, just like editing the profile of a wall. No custom curtain panel required.

1. Hover over the corner curtain panel you want to extend and Tab until you pre-select the panel itself. Select said panel.
2. Un-pin it.
3. Once selected and un-pinned, you should get an "Edit In-Place" command on your ribbon. Click that.
4. Selecting the extrusion, you should get arrow grips to drag the edges of the panel extrusion however you want. You can use the align tool, or whatever. With the panel extrusion selected, you'll also notice an "Edit Extrusion" command in the ribbon, where you could go into sketch mode and actually change the shape of the panel just like editing a wall profile.

You'll also want to play with the horizontal mullion joins by selecting the mullions and clicking on the corner "#" marks to make them change their join condition.

(I have a picture, but I've exceeded my quota and I can't for the life of me find a way to management my attachments! If I figure it out, I'll post the image.)