PDA

View Full Version : Wall Core visibility/Dimensioning problem

suganya
2005-03-24, 10:53 PM
I am trying to make the core lines visible in the Plan, by changing the detail level to Medium. But having difficulties achieving it. Below are the two different behavior i noticed.

1. Phase setting:Show all; Existing, New, Demolished and Temporary - Overridden.
Detail Level- Medium. New walls are poche in the overridden setting.
At this point, i do not see the core lines (face of core lines) and am not able to snap to the face of core lines for dimensioning, aligning etc. (My setting preference is Face of core). Only the finish face and the center of wall&core highlight.

2. Phase setting:Show all; New, demolished and Temporary - Overridden. Existing- By Category.
Detail Level- Medium.
At this point, I see the core lines for the Existing walls and do not see the core lines for the New walls. And, am able to snap to the Existing wall core and NOT the New wall core.

Strangee...

What am i missing here? Please help!!!
Thanks,
S

luigi
2005-03-25, 09:31 AM
The problem is your phase visibility setting. When you override an object with phasing, then the existing, demo and temporary turn into a course override (I say course, not because of course, but because it doesn't show the individual components) and in my practice, we wouldn't want to show each component when the wall is existing, or demo'd.