PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Elevation marker in plan has lost its reference

AshleySchneider
2016-08-17, 04:27 PM
I have an issue with an elevation marker on a floor plan that has lost its reference. The floor plan is on sheet A-114 and the elevation is on sheet A-514. On the elevation sheet, the title shows properly as 1/A-514. But on the floor plan, the elevation marker that should also show 1/A-514 is blank.

I think it might have to do with the fact that I had duplicated this elevation in order to detail a different design option and the floor plan either referenced that one instead or didn't know which one to reference anymore. I have since deleted that duplicate elevation so that I can continue working on the original elevation that was already referenced and placed on a sheet. Except as I said, that reference on the plan is now blank.

I hope I explained my problem clearly and with enough detail. Any help is appreciated!

jessica.146534
2016-08-26, 09:06 PM
Is there more than one view for that elevation? Meaning, when you create a new elevation you get the square (or whatever shape you've customized it to be) and can click on the 4 different directions of orthogonal view (essentially north, south, east, west).

If you've made more than 1 view from that one elevation (say, north and south) and put those views on different sheets Revit doesn't know what to do with the conflicting information and will make the text in the middle of the square blank. In order for the correct sheet to display you need to split the 2 views into 2 separate elevations.

see the attached sketch, it should explain things a little better.