PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate with detail

Dave
2005-03-24, 11:11 PM
I have duplicated a floor plan with detail, i can add walls etc to the orig floor plan and thay show in the duplicated view however if i add dimensions they do not show in the duplicated view, Can anyone help ??

sfaust
2005-03-24, 11:17 PM
Once you duplicate the view, there is no link between them anymore. Walls will show up because they are model elements and therefore show up in every view that looks at them no matter which one you draw them in. Dimensions, however, are view specific, you will have to do them in each view. You can try doing a copy -> paste aligned with the dimensions and it should work, but they will not show up in both views automatically.

aaronrumple
2005-03-24, 11:41 PM
Once you duplicate the view, there is no link between them anymore. Walls will show up because they are model elements and therefore show up in every view that looks at them no matter which one you draw them in. Dimensions, however, are view specific, you will have to do them in each view. You can try doing a copy -> paste aligned with the dimensions and it should work, but they will not show up in both views automatically.
What you could do should you want detail items coordinated between two similar views is group the 2D information and place it on each sheet.

Editing one will update the other.