PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Level value from linked file don't match level value in project

Dmalling
2016-09-01, 05:43 AM
Hi every one,

I'm working on a project in Revit 2015 where I've linked a architectural model into my empty project and acquire coordinates and then I use copy/monitor to copy levels from the architectural model. I do this often. But this time, the value of the levels are not identical but they are placed at the same height.

Someone who can help me?

http://forums.augi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=104038&stc=1

damon.sidel
2016-09-01, 12:50 PM
I'm going to guess it has something to do with the project vs. survey base points. I can't tell you specifically without being in your files, but a few things to try:

1. In another 3d CAD program, create a little pyramid at the origin. Save as DWG and import Origin-to-Origin in Revit. That will show you the absolute origin.

2. In a 3d view in Revit in your main project file and in the file you are linking, turn on the visibility in Site > Project Base Point and Site > Survey Base Point. In each view, model In-Place families at those origin points.

3. When you link the models together and import the DWG absolute origin, you will probably see the differences. Check the level marker family to see if it is project based or survey based.

Those steps will probably tell you where the mis-coordination is happening. Sorry I can't be more specific.

david_peterson
2016-09-01, 05:29 PM
Are the levels both using the Same Share site elevation?
I've see this where one model is using the project Base point and the other is using the Shared Coordinate base point.
I'd check that before getting to much deeper.

Edit:
You can check this be looking at the Type properties of the level element.