PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Text Sizes, Borders, and Arrowheads

jrogers709670
2016-09-08, 07:37 PM
I'm trying to create a template and I am starting with text. I picked a font and I am creating sizes from 1/8" up to 1" in a certain font. If I pick one, write some text, copy it, then change the copy to a different size or uncheck border, or change the arrow type, it changes all of them on the sheet. How do you make it an instance property? Do you need to create a font size with border and arrow, font size without border and arrow, font size with border and dot?

dkoch
2016-09-08, 09:58 PM
Place a Text Note. Select it. Look at the Properties palette. Those are the instance properties that are available. Anything you set when editing the Text Family Type is type-based, and will be applied to all instances of that type. So yes, you need a separate Text Type for each unique combination of Color, Line Weight, Background, Show Border, Leader/Border Offset, Leader Arrowhead, Text Font, Text Size, Tab Size, Bold, Italic, Underline and Width Factor you have. The exception to that is that you can override the view-specific graphics and change the Color and Line Weight.