PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Door hardware set

htlmv
2016-09-13, 05:14 PM
is it possible to generate a 'set' that pulls info from the door hardware schedule similar to below?

dkoch
2016-09-13, 05:50 PM
How is your door hardware schedule set up? Is there a separate parameter for each item of hardware? Is there another related parameter for each item that indicates the quantity you show in your image? Or are you using nested, shared families to add each piece of hardware to each door, and each item has an instance-based parameter indicating the hardware set to which it belongs?

Revitaoist
2016-09-13, 05:59 PM
Use a key schedule. It will populate the door schedule parameters based on each schedule key.

htlmv
2016-09-13, 06:11 PM
David,
the .png is what I WANT to do (clipped from autocad drawing). I want to generate the hardware schedule from all the used hardware sets from the door schedule.
i guess extracting the hardware sets and putting it into the grouping as shown above.

HW set Label
Door type
qty. HW descript
# xyz

htlmv
2016-09-13, 08:50 PM
Rev,
I dont want to see the hardware in the door schedule. see my last comment.

damon.sidel
2016-09-14, 12:45 PM
dkoch and Revitaoist are giving you good advise and asking good questions. Let's start with dkoch's suggestion.

OPTION 1: Key Schedule
- Create a Schedule of category Door and make sure you choose Schedule keys as you create it and call the Key name "HW Set" as you have it in your .png.
- In the door key schedule, add all the fields that make up your hardware schedule.
- In your door schedule, add "HW Set" as a field. In that field for each door, you can now choose the "key" that denotes the hardware set from the door key schedule.

If you have already added a hardware set field in your door schedule, I'm afraid you can't extract that information to start a key schedule. So if you have already done that, this time you'll be duplicating effort. However, next time you'll know to create a door key schedule first, then use it to set the values in your door schedule for hardware sets.

OPTION 2: Nested hardware family
If you are using an actual nested hardware family in your door, then you'll have two schedules, not a schedule and a key schedule. The door schedule would have a field for HW Set which would draw the value from the nested family. The hardware schedule would draw that value from the nested family along with whatever other values for other parameters you want to show on the hardware schedule.

I realize as I type this that this is all rather conceptual and not easy to explain in words. If you get the general idea of these two options, but have clarifying questions, feel free to follow up.

Revitaoist
2016-09-14, 03:57 PM
Rev,
I dont want to see the hardware in the door schedule. see my last comment.

You don't have to see it in the DOOR schedule if you don't want to, but you do need the parameters applied to the doors. Your "set" would not be presented in the DOOR schedule, it would be the KEY schedule, which will list how the parameters will populate the door parameters by set. You will need to create door parameters, "hinges", "lockset", "stop", "silencers", etc. Then in the key schedule make "Storage Lockset" and set the parameters for that style set in the key schedule.

htlmv
2016-09-20, 12:13 PM
OK good. I will try that. I'm sorry, i wasnt thinking clearly that day, deadline looming. i will work on it and get back to yall.

thank you!!

htlmv
2016-09-20, 02:52 PM
OK. HW set key schedule done and linked.
now how do I go about and listing each HW set in the Hardware Schedule as shown above?

patricks
2016-09-20, 03:03 PM
OK. HW set key schedule done and linked.
now how do I go about and listing each HW set in the Hardware Schedule as shown above?

Creating a key schedule creates a parameter for the associated element type. So go to your door schedule, add the parameter associated with the key schedule, and then you'll have a drop-down list with each line item in the key schedule. That's how we create our door schedules and hardware sets.

htlmv
2016-09-20, 03:22 PM
Patricks, the key schedule and door schedule are done. now I want to show the "hardware schedule" with each HW set listing the hardware.

patricks
2016-09-20, 03:33 PM
Patricks, the key schedule and door schedule are done. now I want to show the "hardware schedule" with each HW set listing the hardware.

I'm not sure how you're doing it. We create a key schedule with the set name, and then type in the set description. In the door schedule we add the key schedule parameter and choose the appropriate set for each door.

htlmv
2016-09-20, 03:47 PM
Office is new to Revit. right now, the hardware schedule is carried over from AutoCAD and i'm trying to merge the 2 together. Trying to figure out how to take the hardware set info and create some kind of note block, or something to create the HW sets.

your 'Door Hardware Set Description' is another schedule?

htlmv
2016-09-20, 04:02 PM
actually, looking at your description, can you list the hardware instead of looking like a run-on sentence?

Revitaoist
2016-09-20, 04:21 PM
Your key schedule is the hardware set list. It will be presented in a schedule with the items in the set listed horizontally, not listed vertically like you want to show.

patricks
2016-09-23, 06:07 PM
actually, looking at your description, can you list the hardware instead of looking like a run-on sentence?

There is no way to make the hardware list look like separate lists for each set, unfortunately, at least not in the schedule format. Not sure why it looks like a run-on sentence. Each item is separated by a comma. What you could try is to make various column fields in your key schedule such as Hinges, Locket, Threshold, etc. and then type in descriptions for each item in each field, for each hardware set.

What you'll discover quickly with Revit is that it's not possible to make or do everything exactly the way you did in CAD, and it'll be much less painful if you give up some of those old methods and instead come up with new methods that work better with Revit, instead of trying to force-fit the old methods in to the new program.

patricks
2016-09-23, 06:54 PM
This is what I was thinking of doing for projects at our office. The ordering of the columns matches the ordering of each section within our standard door hardware specification.