PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Building Design Suite Premium installation doesn't recognize mapped drive

gregb
2016-09-15, 04:00 PM
In my 2017 deployment I've changed the Revit content locations to a shared network drive. The deployment has worked on seven of the ten machines on which it has been run. Two of the failed machines have Windows 10 so I thought it was an OS issue but just this morning a machine with Windows 7 failed to recognize the mapped drive. Thoughts?

rtaube
2016-09-26, 02:07 PM
I've recently had an issue in that nothing from my custom .ini file is sticking, so shared network drive locations, custom colors, etc.. perhaps its the same issue?

gregb
2016-09-26, 07:00 PM
I've run into that issue as well but I don't think they're related. I've found that the custom settings not sticking is because the Revit.ini file at C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit <version> gets overwritten with bad data when Revit is closed. My solution for that is to delete that file, go to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT <version>\UserDataCache, replace the Revit.ini file there with one I know works, start Revit and let it create a new file in the user's AppData location.

I don't think the two are related because the deployment issue I'm having is with the installer putting the software on the machine and the settings issue is a problem with how the software is working once it's installed. But then I'm not an IT guy so maybe it is the same problem.

DaveP
2016-09-26, 08:26 PM
There's a bug in the BDSP/BDSU deployments.
Deployments work properly with Revit Architecture or just plain Revit, but the Suites don't create the correct Revit.INI file.
See here for a fix. You have to edit your Deployment INI (NOT the Revit INI)
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/2017-deployment-doesn-t-honor-custom-revit-ini/m-p/6284585