PDA

View Full Version : 2016 How to populate door schedules automatically

LUCADIPPOLITO93735387
2016-09-16, 05:13 PM
Hi,

I am new to revit and I am wondering if it is possible to get my door schedule to automatically fill in: Door Material, Type, Glazing, Label etc.? I am trying to save time by not manually typing in this information for each door. I have over 100 doors to fill this information in for.

Any help would greatly appreciated, thanks!

irneb
2016-09-19, 09:08 AM
It depends on if you could group the doors together. In the schedule's "Sourting/Grouping" tab there's a check box (at the bottom) called "Itemize every instance". If you uncheck this, each line in the schedule refers to multiple doors - all those with the values in the properties you choose to sort/group on being the same.

If you then edit anything on such a grouped line, all the doors of that group get updated. As if you selected them all and then changed the property in the palette.

So only if you did group them (and of course they have something to group by) can you achieve this. Alternatively you could select multiple consecutive doors in the schedule (hold down Shift). Then click "Highlight in Model". It should open a view (usually a plan) with those doors selected - in which case you can then change their properties in the properties palette.

Note, this only work on by-instance properties, not by-type. I.e. those properties directly in the properties palette once you've selected one or more doors. Not the ones in the dialog you get once you click the Edit Type button.

damon.sidel
2016-09-19, 02:14 PM
Welcome LUCADIPPOLITO93735387 on your first post! As you say you are new to Revit, I wanted to emphasize something irneb said:

Note, this only work on by-instance properties, not by-type.
I won't go into detail (unless you ask, and then I'd be happy to elaborate), but what irneb says is great advice for modifying a bunch of instance parameters.

But if you are still unsure how to work with families, types, and instances, take a moment to understand this fundamental Revit concept and some of what you are dealing with will make more sense.

david_peterson
2016-09-19, 03:10 PM
You could try to use a Key Schedule to fill in most of it.
Or make them all type parameters.