PDA

View Full Version : Walls Showing Transparent when not intended

jamesd10181097
2005-03-25, 02:57 PM
A person here in our office is laying out a plan in revit he has been coping and mirroring alot and now when we look at the 3D view a couple of the walls are showing up pink transparent but just the interior face. Orbit around to the exterior side of the same wall and it is fine. The wall is a 4" face brick with air space, insulation and CMU interior. The CMU portion is that part not showing up. I have verified that all the properties are exactly the same as the other exterior walls around it. All the walls are on the same Phase (new construction), so I have ruled that out.

If anyone could help, this is driving us nuts. It seems to happen at random.

aaronrumple
2005-03-25, 03:06 PM
Sounds like the paint tool was used to paint a transparent material on the wall.
Try resetting the material to <By Categoy> with the paint tool....

Martin P
2005-03-25, 03:14 PM
I had this problem when I upgraded I think it was 5.0 files to 6.1 files? cant remember for sure and I am sorry I cant say I remember how I resolved it either. You may be just as quick to redraw the wall and copy/paste in all the windows etc into it again? - or it could be a paint tool problem as Aaron says......

Do you have any places with 2+ walls on top of each other (possible with lots of copy and mirror) or slightly overlapping - this used to do weird things too what version/build are you using?

tamas
2005-03-25, 03:23 PM
Could you post a portion of your model here which shows the bad walls? I'd like to take a quick look.
(Just use copy-paste to move a small piece to a smaller file.)