PDA

View Full Version : SYMBOL LINEWEIGHT???

neb1998
2005-03-25, 03:58 PM
How do you manipulate a symbols lineweight...like with an electrical duplex outlet...i can not figure out how to modify the default imperial symbols lineweight in plan view...

once again........need to find a way to increase the lineweight of electrical power symbols (plan view)

thanks

sbrown
2005-03-25, 04:02 PM
You need to find out what object style the linework is on and change the properties. its probable electricals main category. so just change the projection or cut lineweight for that category.

neb1998
2005-03-25, 04:05 PM
I am not interested in the model lines that show the outlet on the wall....but the annotation symbol that you see in plan view....those lines appear to be on a linetype that is not changable...when you create a generic annotation i cant figure out how to create a new line style that will import into my project file.

The line styles option is greyed out in the generic annotation family editor

J. Grouchy
2005-03-25, 04:07 PM
It took me a while to figure out it's an Object Style, not a Line Style...silly, I know.

Settings --> Object Styles --> Annotation Objects tab --> Generic Annotations

Click the '+' to view the different line styles and edit the lineweight within the project.

neb1998
2005-03-25, 04:11 PM
ok thanks, another problem i am having....when i create a wall based object.....when i load it into a project it works correctly on walls like a 4 3/4" steel stud with gypsum board on each side....but when i load it onto a wall that has masonry with furring and gyp bd it shows the outlet attached to the masonry and not the interior face of the wall?

I dont think i quite understand how the constraints work inside the family editor...is this the problem?

J. Grouchy
2005-03-25, 04:15 PM
ok thanks, another problem i am having....when i create a wall based object.....when i load it into a project it works correctly on walls like a 4 3/4" steel stud with gypsum board on each side....but when i load it onto a wall that has masonry with furring and gyp bd it shows the outlet attached to the masonry and not the interior face of the wall?

I dont think i quite understand how the constraints work inside the family editor...is this the problem?

So you get a better response from people, I suggest you take that question into a new thread. I haven't messed around with it yet, so you'll have to test it out. Try setting up a ref. plane within the wall in the family editor and align your object to this plane rather than the f/wall plane...then set up a parameter for "wall inset" or some such name. I could be wrong though...so you may need to get a second or third suggestion.

SkiSouth
2005-03-26, 03:10 AM

Yes, this electrical symbol family is a little different than how a lot of us draw. Do a search for electrical symbols. I seem to remember that some generous soul posted several symbols on the forum...

JDagis
2005-03-26, 09:13 PM

I recently encountered a similar problem, so I would like to see if your dilemma is similar and possibly comment on it. Could you please post your example?