PDA

View Full Version : 2016 extracting detail number/sheet and elevation/plan location of where detail has been tagged

gschwab417678
2016-10-18, 07:43 PM
We are looking for a Revit tool or technique for create a database listing:
1. Detail ID number and sheet
2. Sheet name (plan/elevation sheet that the detail is tagged on) that the detail ID is reference

Very similar to AutoCAD's data extraction function where you are able to extract attributed block information into an excel file that lists all the detail tags and what elevation or plan they are located on.
Are you aware of any plugins that would create such a database. Or a way to build a detail tag that would allow us to link the location of the detail call out on elevation/plan then extract both to an excel.

damon.sidel
2016-10-25, 12:45 PM
Since you didn't get any answers, I'm going to hazard that nobody knows of a tool or technique off the top of their heads.

Instead a follow-up question: Why do you want/need this information in an Excel file? A little background may reveal a different approach that may not require a tool/technique in the way you were imagining.

A schedule can get you most of the way there. The Schedule > View List can make a schedule with fields for View Name, Sheet Name, and Sheet Number. The schedule does not seem to allow scheduling of the Referencing Sheet and Referencing Detail parameters, but I could be missing something. I bet it would be possible and not that hard to create a Shared Parameter and copy the Referencing Detail value into it using Dynamo.