PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Parametric Revit Family Help

graphite_
2016-10-20, 06:21 PM
I'm spearheading our firm's switch to revit and am in need of some help. I am starting from ground zero in terms of a useful family library. I also have very limited knowledge of family parametrics so it is proving difficult to get this process moving. Can anyone point me to a parametric family making tutorial video or perhaps a library of revit family downloads? Much appreciated.

marmiketin
2016-10-21, 02:49 PM
http://www.revitcity.com/ is probably the best place to start for downloading families and asking questions

- - - Updated - - -

also http://www.aws-cds.com/ has standard parametric 100 series millwork cabinetry families

CAtDiva
2016-10-21, 10:27 PM
I'm spearheading our firm's switch to revit and am in need of some help. I am starting from ground zero in terms of a useful family library. I also have very limited knowledge of family parametrics so it is proving difficult to get this process moving. Can anyone point me to a parametric family making tutorial video or perhaps a library of revit family downloads? Much appreciated.

Lynda.com has a good series on building families. I have an account through my local library, so you might see if your library has a similar arrangement. Otherwise, there is a cost, but the value is impressive (given what's available on Lynda.com).

CAtDiva
2016-10-21, 10:53 PM
Lynda.com has a good series on building families. I have an account through my local library, so you might see if your library has a similar arrangement. Otherwise, there is a cost, but the value is impressive (given what's available on Lynda.com).

And ... I just saw a post on LinkedIn that they will be hosting a week of free Lynda.com access through LinkedIn Learning ... it would be worth checking out!

HermanS
2016-10-22, 07:43 AM
Two words: "Fuzzy Maths" - This was a presentation done by Jason Grant, Kelly Cone, Phil Lazarus and David Baldacchino back in 2010. I still refer to these principles to this day. I'm not saying Lynda.com is not of value, but I personally learn best by doing, not looking.