PDA

View Full Version : 2017 WORKSHARE NOT ACTIVE

dsw98
2016-10-25, 07:22 PM
I've just upgraded to 2017. I have a few projects that I need to activate Worksharing on. But the Icon is grayed out. What am I doing wrong here? See attached.

marmiketin
2016-10-26, 12:58 PM
In order to be able to workshare or make a file a central you need to first have at least 1 workset. It looks like you currently have no worksets as the active one would show up in the white box to the right in the image. go to the collaborate tab and create a new workset.

david_peterson
2016-10-26, 01:37 PM
Also if you have A360 installed you need to select if you want to save it and collaborate on local server or cloud.
You might go to the collaborate tab before you can do anything.

dsw98
2016-10-26, 02:02 PM
In order to be able to workshare or make a file a central you need to first have at least 1 workset. It looks like you currently have no worksets as the active one would show up in the white box to the right in the image. go to the collaborate tab and create a new workset.

Is this new in 2017 then? I've never had to have a workset to have Sharing work.

tedg
2016-10-26, 02:49 PM
Is this new in 2017 then? I've never had to have a workset to have Sharing work.

I don't think that is new, as far as I can remember, you had to have worksharing activated to have worksets..
Maybe I'm wrong.

Not necessarily "sharing" but worksharing = on (central file)

CAtDiva
2016-10-26, 03:41 PM
Also if you have A360 installed you need to select if you want to save it and collaborate on local server or cloud.
You might go to the collaborate tab before you can do anything.

You do not need A360 installed for worksharing on a local network ... I do it all the time and have specifically not installed A360.

dsw98
2016-10-26, 03:42 PM
I don't think that is new, as far as I can remember, you had to have worksharing activated to have worksets..
Maybe I'm wrong.

Not necessarily "sharing" but worksharing = on (central file)

Yes it has changed from other versions from what I can see. It looks like 2017 has Collaborate built into it, Were as older versions didn't. I don't use 360. I had to click the Collaborate Tab, then click on Collaborate on A360 to enable Worksharing, before I can create a workset.