PDA

View Full Version : 2015 phases - existing/presentation/CDs

htlmv
2016-10-26, 07:45 PM
First time using Revit to go from existing conditions, to proposed elevations (presentation), to CDs.

I can use the Phasing tab:
1. Existing
2. Presentation
3. New Construction

then if there are different design options, i can use the Design Options with Phasing - Presentation?

I have yet to utilize the Design Options.

is this a simple, typical use?
anything that i may be missing?

Thanks,
Howard

CAtDiva
2016-10-26, 08:26 PM
I would use only two phases: Existing & New Construction. The presentation would be elevation views with the New Construction phase assigned to them. You would also have the New Construction phase assigned within your Design Options.

Revitaoist
2016-10-26, 08:28 PM
Phasing is time. You will only have two phases: existing and new construction. Presentation drawings are not a phase of construction and should not be modeled as such. You can do everything you want with views and sheets using different view settings for presentation and CD. Keep it simple.

htlmv
2016-10-26, 09:38 PM
Sounds good. Thank you both.

htlmv
2016-10-28, 05:30 PM
question with regards to design options. if I want to do different color schemes on the elevations, do I create different Design Options'?

damon.sidel
2016-10-28, 06:05 PM
Yes, different design options for each color scheme.

htlmv
2016-10-28, 08:52 PM
Thank you.

Greatly appreciate all yall's help.

htlmv
2016-11-03, 02:28 PM
Setup: 2 options 104346
I have 6 different View Templates for each option set and options

OK, I have 2 options and each to have 3 different color schemes.
I have a feature in the Main Model that I want to have it in the in each of the Opt 1 and want to show this feature with different materials in each color scheme SC1, SC2, SC3.

I tried to take the feature from the Main Model and Add to Set but.

any idea?

Thanks.

Revitaoist
2016-11-03, 04:57 PM
Here's the thing about DO. Anything you want as a variable needs to be modeled as separate objects in each DO. If you are looking to have a different color scheme for the WHOLE BUILDING, then you need to have a different copy of THE WHOLE BUILDING in each option. X-clip everything from the main model (everything you want to have variable) the paste to same place in each option. You need one DESIGN OPTION called color schemes with 3 sub options, paste align everything in each one and adjust the colors. Make 3 views and assign the design option in visibility graphics.

htlmv
2016-11-04, 06:47 PM
OK. here is lies the problem I was having and what I did. I had created a template and duplicated it and changed the DO. BUT elements that I was copying between the options, they were still showing up in other options. what I did was go back to the original 2 options and removed the templates from each. I placed all 4 options under 1 option set. once I did that, it was easy to copy items between the options. Once i was done, (note - i already had the views setup on my sheets) I set my template to each option (4 total) and then applied the template to the views on the sheets. No problems since then.

so Rev-, I had already done what you suggested. I think my problem was that the templates had been setup already, which I think was my problem. so, thank you.

btw, boss wanted the elevation of each option spliced together. did 1 better. placed all 4 options plus the existing conditions on 1 sheet 3' x 10'. building is just shy of 1,900 ft long. at 1/16" scale 10' long.

damon.sidel
2016-11-07, 01:40 PM
I'll just note one more thing: to avoid the Copy-Paste-into-each-option, you can add an object from the main model into all the options of an option set. I like to try to set up my option set with the options I think I'll want, then add all the objects to ALL the options, so that each option starts from what I have in the main model. Then I can go into each options and start modifying. Furthermore, I prefer to duplicate options (which, granted, is a way to automate a Copy-Paste action) rather than make a new option with nothing in it.

Just my preferred work flow. Glad you got it working!