PDA

View Full Version : CAR-Elevation

beegee
2003-12-03, 05:35 AM
Does anyone have an end/front elevation of a car that can be inserted as a detail component in an elevation ? Preferably with a white filled region so it will not look transparent.

Theres too much linework ( triangulated surfaces ) on a 3D model to use one. I know I could trace one, but I was hoping ...

I know theres a side elevation on RUGI. ( its transparent also :cry: )

Nic M.
2003-12-03, 07:48 AM
Well here is one. It's not perfect ( no filld region)
Front, top, side

I hope it's something you can use

PeterJ
2003-12-03, 08:35 AM
Did you try the Revit supplied cars yet? They are fairly plain and boxy so there is not the same degree of 'mesh confusion' that you seek to avoid. I don't care for them as they are rather too blocky and too American in form to be of use to me, but they may make a better match with Australian transport stock.

I think they are at ftp.revit.com though I have had some intermittent trouble accessing that site.

beegee
2003-12-03, 09:59 PM
Thanks Nic,

I'll give your Merc a try.

PeterJ,

They are fairly plain and boxy..... rather too blocky and too American in form ....may make a better match with Australian transport stock.

What a shocking thing to say about our beloved Holdens and Falcons ! I'll have you know we make muscle cars for real men over here. None of that limp wristed Mini stuff for dimunitive poms thanks very much. Just good powerful straightforward V8 supercars to pick up the kids in after school.

I've have another look at the ftp site later, thanks.

EDIT: The ftp site appears broken.

Allen Lacy
2003-12-03, 10:07 PM
I'll have you know we make muscle cars for real men over here. None of that limp wristed Mini stuff for dimunitive poms thanks very much. Just good starightforward V8 supercars to pick up the kids in after school.

That Mad Max thing, huh!? :wink:

beegee
2003-12-03, 10:43 PM
Are you referring to that reconstitution of archetypal tales of social decline and rebirth, that postmodern recasting of the Judeo-Christian myth of a messianic hero-saviour who via atonement annihilates an oppressive tyranny, liberating an elect few into a new dimension of communal harmony ?

Or maybe you're just into petrol-fueled high speed car chase action movies ?

MartyC
2003-12-04, 06:48 AM
Yeah Begee, you tell em

or

maybe they might just want to see what real men (and some real women) drive in this part of the world, see http://www.hsv.com.au or http://www.fpv.com.au for our beloved indigenous automotive creations. (and the kids love em)
290kw in yer family sedan, you betcha mate! :shock: :shock:

Cheers M

MartyC
2003-12-04, 08:01 AM
Begee,

Heres a PT Cruiser I found in .dwg, helpful?

Cheers M

hand471037
2003-12-04, 09:25 AM
I donno... I think I win this one. My car's got the smallest engine that came with it that year, and it's still a 5.3 liter V8 (soon to be a 5.9)... :twisted:

Nic M.
2003-12-04, 09:41 AM
You know what they say about cars and boy's:

The bigger the car the smaller the ...
;-)

Beegee,
I looked at the mercedes again and it seems it needs a little fixing (front is side,... it's one of the first family's I made....)
I shall post it back here

PeterJ
2003-12-04, 03:00 PM
Yeah, Nic, an old girlfriend of mine would sit outside the pub and as a Porsche or a Ferrari would rumble past she would turn and say knowingly to her friends 'BCSD'