PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Curtain wall dimensions to center of jamb mullions?

damon.sidel
2016-11-30, 03:08 PM
How do folks deal with dimensioning curtain walls at the jamb mullions when going for equal spacing? I know that the family can deal with it with the "Adjust for Mullion Size" parameter, but dimensions don't snap to the center of the jamb mullion. Furthermore, if I want to use a Centerline annotation in my dimension type, it won't add it at the jambs when I snap to the jamb mullion edges (makes sense) or my workaround, a Ref Plane drawn at the mullion.

Thoughts? Solutions?

david_peterson
2016-11-30, 06:42 PM
Last I checked you can dimension to the Curtain Grid. Mullion should be centered on it, except at the boarder and they I would want to know where the edge is anyway.
Or are you talking in section? In section I would think CL of Glass would be the thing you want to adjust.

damon.sidel
2016-12-16, 03:31 PM
I was thinking that I'd have an "EQ" dimension string from border to border mullion showing that we want equal sized panels. Then an overall string from outside edges of border mullions. But one cannot snap to the center of the border mullions...

david_peterson
2016-12-29, 02:37 PM
That's because the border mullions always go to the edge. I think you can offset the geometry though. Not sure that you'd want to.

Jen the Drafter
2019-03-29, 06:11 PM
I'm having the same issue. I'm drafting curtain wall shop drawing tho so we need CL dimensions for all of the frames.

Our work around so far has been to add reference planes, but I don't like this solution. And we can't dimension to the curtain grid because then our CL marks won't show up (bc revit doesn't consider that a centerline). I've also tried adding extra reference plane into our mullion profiles, but that doesn't seem to work either.

damon.sidel
2019-04-01, 01:51 PM
Jen, I started this thread 3 years ago and never found a satisfactory solution. Back then, I believe the solution I used was reference planes at centerline of border mullions and a overall dimension from edge to edge. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.