PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Error-Missing backup directory

anjanaaquarian734745
2016-12-06, 12:03 PM
I am working on Revit 2016 and the central model is placed on our internal server. While saving the file i am getting an error saying that the backup directory is missing and i need to recreate the central file. The image of error dialogue box is below.

Brian Myers
2016-12-06, 12:55 PM
My answer may seem like an over simplification, but do what it is asking you to do. How this occurred is difficult to know for certain (almost certainly human interaction) but since it has occurred you need to fix it by following those instructions.

The thing to know is that the file you save as the Central model will BE the central model, so if anyone else has also been doing work then they will lose any work since their last Save to Central.

anjanaaquarian734745
2016-12-07, 06:43 AM
Thanks Brian-Myers, We have followed the same as mentioned but the problem is that the error is being shown quite frequently and every time doing this exercise is wastage of time so just wanted to know the cause of issue. If someone has came acrossed with the same problem please do share why this happens