PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Dimension parameters for field dimensioning

chardt676993
2016-12-07, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know how to add a parameter to a dimension that would allow me to input a dimension and then have the dimension change color if the value changes? I'm working on a building that seems to have undergone a few revisions and the footprint doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I find that when i try to justify the size of one room, it changes the set dimension of other rooms. Additionally, if i create constraints, then I end up created a bunch of wall segments to account for the differences or the drawing becomes over-constrained.

If I could see a pattern in the discrepant dimension i may be able to diagnose dimensional errors effectively.

KoryCox
2016-12-13, 10:58 PM
If you select a dimension then click on the text you will get an overrides box. In there you can add a row of text below the dimension line that you can use to show something like, "Verify 25'-0"" That way if the dimension above changes from 25 then you can see the discrepancy.

When working on issues like this myself, I try to create or import a set of lines that represent the correct faces of walls and use that to align all the walls as needed. I also will start from one corner of the building and go to the opposite corner. This way you can avoid "fixing" something that you had already corrected! Hope this helps.