PDA

View Full Version : 2017 EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED

dsw98
2016-12-08, 08:14 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem. But ever since I've updated to 2017 I'm having major issues with Text working correctly. I have downloaded the most recent updates as of 12/01/16. I still have the issue where I have to double punch my NUM Lock on my key pad to get numbers to type. But some times that doesn't even work. Also the View cube and Minimize squares will some times disappear and the only way to get them back is to completely shut down revit and restart it. I've never had so many issues with a new build. Is there a solution to these problems? I Have also attached a few pics showing the MIN. square being there and gone.

dsw98
2016-12-12, 06:22 PM
anyone? No one experiences this?

tedg
2016-12-12, 07:26 PM
anyone? No one experiences this?

Sorry man...not having the same problem.
Although I haven't done a TON of work in Revit 2017, I have worked on a project to 65% submission, mostly structure but some architecture and haven't had an issue.

MikeJarosz
2016-12-14, 06:38 PM
I would think twice about upgrading a project that is that far along to a newer version of Revit. I know that doesn't help you now, but Revit 2018 is only a few months away and the same upgrading issue will come up again. Autodesk allows you to keep several versions current, probably just for this reason. I would keep an R2016 project in R2016 and start new projects in R2017. I know of some firms that do not upgrade every year. They wait two years so that current projects finish out in the same version they started in.

DaveP
2016-12-15, 02:34 PM
We've upgraded every active project every year. Usually in the fall after the mid-year release comes out.
In 10 years, I've had a problem with maybe 2 projects.
Obviously, we're not going to upgrade a project if it's issuing in two weeks, but otherwise - every project.
Makes for a lot less confusion. AND if you're using two different versions of Revit, that's two licenses.

All that said, this year, we're not doing that due to the Text changes. If a project has issued signed Sheets, no upgrade because technically, that's a change to the Sheet, and should be Clouded.

DaveP
2016-12-16, 02:09 PM
Devin, I just noticed an update in my App Manager that may fix this issue for you.
The Release Notes (http://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/2017_1_1_RVT/Docs/RelNotes/Autodesk_Revit_2017_1_1_ReleaseNotes.html) for version 2017.1.1 (yes, two ".1"s) say:

Fixed an issue that caused the ViewCube, SteeringWheels, and the navigation bar to disappear after exporting the model to DWFx.*

dsw98
2016-12-16, 02:53 PM
Dave,
Yep that's the version I'm running. I thought it would fix the problem. I also thought my wireless keyboard was the issue but I have the same issue on 2 different computers. 1 of those keyboards is a wired Keyboard. It's a head scratcher for sure.