PDA

View Full Version : 2015 linked revit files

htlmv
2016-12-16, 04:36 PM
I'm working on project that i created 2 separate files. 1 for the site and 1 for the building.

is there a way to have both revit projects open?

Kimberly Fuhrman
2016-12-16, 06:27 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question. You can certainly have both projects open, unless one is linked into the other (which I'm assuming by the title to the post). If that is the case, then Revit will unload the link before opening it. So, if the site it loaded into the building, and you open the site, it will be unloaded from the building until you save the site and reload it. Make sense?

thillhouse
2016-12-19, 07:07 PM
When we have done this in the past... We do it by opening another version of Revit and then opening the Site model in that. So you essentially have two Revit programs open... You then have to go to Manage Linked files to reload link in order for the changes to show up.
I don't know if this is a limitation on the licensing or not...

mburke.54112
2016-12-19, 09:32 PM
Save both files as central files. Link one into the other. Then you can then open a local file of the link that's not opened. This way you don't need to worry about unloading any links + you can make changes to your local file & then synchronize to the central file.