PDA

View Full Version : 2015 ramp cutoff in plan

htlmv
2017-01-05, 10:38 PM
is there a way to change the way a ramp (sloped floor) gets cutoff above the cut plane?

thanks.

tedg
2017-01-06, 04:20 PM
is there a way to change the way a ramp (sloped floor) gets cutoff above the cut plane?

thanks.

Not sure what you mean, can you post a screen shot and more information?
(you may get better help, at the time I'm reading this, there were 70 views and no replies)

You want it not to cut?
you want it to appear different when cut?

2 things come to mind are "view range:" top of view/cut plane extents and "Depth Clipping" options...

marmiketin
2017-01-09, 01:29 PM
In your view go to VG settings and in the model tab look for ramps and then expand to see the different parts you can control. There is one called ramps beyond cut line. You can control what the ramp looks like above the cut plane there.

tedg
2017-01-09, 01:57 PM
In your view go to VG settings and in the model tab look for ramps and then expand to see the different parts you can control. There is one called ramps beyond cut line. You can control what the ramp looks like above the cut plane there.

Cool, nice tip!

m*design
2023-06-11, 11:22 PM
Hi, i got here as this topic was the more close to what is making me spend all day without a solution. For the ramps, thanks to you i got to know where lines above cut plane can be shown/controled. But in case of a sloped building pad, also tried with a sloped floor, that option doesn't exists, so i can't find a way to show the portion above cut plane, preferably with dashed/hidden lines. That portion doesn't even appear in wireframe mode or underlay, so i could try the linework tool. Hope to get help. Thanks in advance.