PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Sloped floor join loses materials

agrieveson
2017-01-18, 01:14 PM
Setting the scene, I have an existing floor with slopes modeled (using modify sub element). On top of this I am looking to place a ramped deck. This deck is made up of two layers (wood, void former). The void former should vary to fit the existing floor below.

The issue I am having is that when I join the two to cut the bottom of the void former to the floor below, the material buildup is removed and replaced by a nondescript grey.

Any idea what is causing this? Obviously I could not join the two and instead create voids to cut the floor excess, but there must be a neater solution?

Screenshot and Revit file (simplified, R17) attached.

http://forums.augi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=104623&stc=1

damon.sidel
2017-01-20, 05:17 PM
Welcome on your first post!

Are you per chance using a roof for the deck? If so, try using a floor. Don't know why, but I think this will work with two floors, but the material changes when using a roof.

agrieveson
2017-01-20, 05:40 PM
No, as per the file I attached, this is two floors.

ArchTech247
2017-01-23, 09:28 PM
I can't give you an answer as to why this is happening but playing with it a little I see that if you reset the shape of the upper floor, it behaves properly. Obviously not what you want though. Also if you switch the join order you don't get the grey color but it doesn't look the way you want it to either. Maybe these can be clues to someone who is able to answer your question.

If you use a slope arrow rather than modifying sub elements, you don't get the grey color either but the variable thickness feature doesn't work.