PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Model in Revit Views/Viewports Not Printing

drubinoff
2017-01-18, 05:26 PM
Hi,

We are having a serious problem on a project where several Revit views placed across several sheets are not printing properly. The annotations are printing but the model itself does not show up.

This problem is occurring both when we print to the printer and when we create PDFs.

We have been having to create new views in order to get them to print. However, that messes up all our call outs as they won't transfer to the new views with them deleting themselves.

We have audited the file to no avail.

This has happened using two different computers.

Thoughts? This totally messed up our deadline today.

Thanks,
Derek

tedg
2017-01-18, 08:51 PM
Hi,

We are having a serious problem on a project where several Revit views placed across several sheets are not printing properly. The annotations are printing but the model itself does not show up.

This problem is occurring both when we print to the printer and when we create PDFs.

We have been having to create new views in order to get them to print. However, that messes up all our call outs as they won't transfer to the new views with them deleting themselves.

We have audited the file to no avail.

This has happened using two different computers.

Thoughts? This totally messed up our deadline today.

Thanks,
Derek

That is really weird, I've never heard of that before.
Are these views sharing a view template that may have gotten tweaked?
If so I would check model overrides in that.

Can you see the model but it doesn't print?

drubinoff
2017-01-18, 11:08 PM
That is really weird, I've never heard of that before.
Are these views sharing a view template that may have gotten tweaked?
If so I would check model overrides in that.

Can you see the model but it doesn't print?

Hi,

I don't there are templates applied to these views; they are simple elevation views.

We see everything on the screen but then only annotations but not the model print.

tedg
2017-01-19, 12:32 PM
Hi,

I don't there are templates applied to these views; they are simple elevation views.

We see everything on the screen but then only annotations but not the model print.

Can you post a sample RVT file with the issue?
Save it as a separate file and dumb it down to the offending views, maybe keep a good view or two to compare?

david_peterson
2017-01-24, 02:09 PM
Are you printing Vector or Raster?
I've had vector drop items off the sheet. Vector looks better than raster, but raster doesn't seem to have the missing object issue.
What pdf writer are you using?
Do you have a lot of custom cropped views? (ie not rectangular)
What about Cropped views that are at an angle.
I've seen issues before when you get to much geometry on the sheet for Revit or the PDF writer (still not sure which one to blame) and things fall of sheets or the large chunks are missing. Or I had one project that they custom cropped every view and it would take about 45 min to generate a sheet and it was about 20mb when completed.
Just some thoughts.