PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Displaying incorrect Rated Door within Rated Wall

Kunnasm
2017-01-21, 07:54 PM
We are trying to improve our Fire Rating QA-QC Plans in our Template, and would like to be able to have the view show when a Rated Door does not match its hosted Wall's required rating. Our plan currently uses filters to display the different rated walls with different colors (NR=No color, 1 HR=Blue, 2 HR Green, 3 Hr= Orange,etc)... and we have done the same for the doors. So blue on blue, green on green, etc, which the user is able to visually see. This works ok. BUT... I remember at AU a number of years ago, being shown a simple way of having a rated door being able to tell if it was not in the correct wall... and then it would light up in a different color. We would like to have ours display red. However... I cannot find any of my old handouts, nor can I find any trace of this class online.

Does anybody remember this class, or better yet, remember how this was done? Ideally... a 90 minute door would be blue and would sit in a 2 hour wall. BUT, if the door was inadvertently changed to a 20 minute door... it would change to red. This would make it possible to QC a floor very quickly.

marmiketin
2017-01-24, 02:12 PM
This seems like a very complicated way of doing things. Do you really have multiple door families or family types for different fire rating values? Architects do not design fire rated doors as they need to be tested. This is done by a manufacturer. Why not just specify the fire rating in the schedule the same way everything else is and then the supplier will fill the order.

Also I am pretty sure the only way to do what you want is through shared parameters so if shared parameter in wall does not equal shared parameter in door it does the wrong colour thing you talk about. Issue with this is you cannot add new parameters to system families like walls so you need to use existing ones.

david_peterson
2017-01-24, 02:12 PM
I believe there was a Dynamo script that was written to do exactly what you're asking. But I don't think I'd call that a simple thing.
You might want to look there. Just a thought.