PDA

View Full Version : 2016 learning revit

xxehsomxx742503
2017-01-27, 12:46 AM
Hello,

I’m a fourth-year architecture student, and I need to learn Revit as part of my studies.
I already took a course that covers the basics.
I’ve consulted with my colleagues, and been told that watching video guide (like Lynda’s Revit essentials) is recommended for getting familiar with the software. I tried to watch the video guide, and it wasn’t easy to apply what was learned. The contents were scattered to my opinion.
Do you think that learning the software through a book would be more effective?
If it would do the work, can you recommend on one? A book that deals with one project that you develop in each exercise or chapter.

Thanks a lot,
Jonatan

Kimberly Fuhrman
2017-01-27, 04:56 PM
Congrats, Jonatan! I think it really depends on your personal learning style...are you typically a visual learner (videos), hands-on (just get into the software and figure it out) or do you like to read technical manuals? I'm a book learner, personally...I like some of the Sybex Revit manuals in the Mastering Autodesk Revit Architecture series. There are downloadable project files to work through. Daniel Stine has a few through SDC Publications as well. Hope that helps!

xxehsomxx742503
2017-01-28, 10:27 AM
Thank you for your help! I'll check both sources that you have suggested.

harkeychad
2017-02-16, 09:24 PM
I prefer watching videos and mostly get them from Utube. You can set up a google account and start saving them under favorites and watch later. Jeremy Ruh has great videos. Save him under subscriptions for sure. If any other videos you like, make you save those authors as well. That way when they make new uploads you will know. Jeremy has got into really good detail and takes it slow. A great thing about Google is you can stop a video and pick right back up next time you want to watch as long as you save to your account. I learned on my own with these and this site. Glad to have you aboard