PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Can modeled signage be hosted by a curved wall?

tracigarner68734770
2017-02-02, 08:48 PM
I have a modeled logo sign that is made up of individual letters. I need to show the signage on a curved interior wall, and I can't select the curved face to host the model. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I was thinking of copying the model multiple times and deleting all but one letter in each, then moving each individual letter into place. That seems a bit tedious, though. I just need this to look close enough for an interior rendering. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Traci

Dean Camlin
2017-02-03, 05:53 PM
I had a similar situation & split the curved wall into multiple vertical segments. I would show you an image, but the attachment manager is not cooperating.

Dimitri Harvalias
2017-02-05, 04:08 PM
depending on the radius of your curve, have a look at this really old thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?71236-Engraved-Text-on-a-curved-wall-family&highlight=Curved+sign) and see if the approach might do the trick

patricks
2017-02-08, 02:22 PM
We use a wall-hosted family consisting of a single model text letter, with an instance parameter for what the letter is. That family then gets copied around the curve of the wall. It's a bit finicky but it's the only way to make it work.