PDA

View Full Version : graded region

brunelle
2003-12-04, 05:51 AM
Why does my topo drawing turn pink after I finish a graded region? I am trying to grade a driveway and when I finish I also get a transparent blue image of the original split surface sketch.
I am also missing any cut/fill information when finished. Is this a problem in "phase created / demolished" and/or how I created the topo surface?

beegee
2003-12-04, 05:57 AM
It sounds as though it may be a phasing problem.

Did you create and demolish a section of topo within the same phase ?

If so, it could be showing as "temporary" and the phase filters show that as red by default.

Try experimenting with the phase settings and filters to see what effect that has. Set filters to none and phase to new construction for instance.

brunelle
2003-12-04, 06:23 AM
beegee
Thanks for your help. Changing the phase settings as well as the filter worked.
As for the cut/fill info, I needed to select the "drive" and not the topo for the data.

brunelle
2003-12-04, 11:49 PM
Is it possible to change a graded regions shape after the fact? When undo is no longer an option.

beegee
2003-12-04, 11:56 PM
I think if you select the previous phase, the original topo should be there.

When you make a graded region, Revit marks the original surface as demolished and makes a copy with a matching boundary. It marks the copy as new to the current phase.

Give that a try anyhow.

brunelle
2003-12-04, 11:59 PM
How about a split surface? The phasing does not seem to be an option.

funkman
2003-12-05, 12:39 AM
Having worked on a couple of detailed graded regions in projects, I can safely say - do this at the very last stage of any project. It does not seem apparent to me that you can undo the graded region to return back to a previous stage. You will have to delete it and start again. I wanted to get the topo working early on on one project only to have to redo it when the design had changed.

You can minimise the impact of split surfaces, in addition to waiting to the end, by deleting all the spot points internally and keeping as few in the region as possible. Remember to ensure the perimeter of split surfaces match up with the primary surface. Keep these the same - unaltered - unless you change both the original and new graded surfaces so they match exactly - otherwise you will get gaps in the surface. They can be very annoying and a great time waster.

So succinctly - I suggest wait until the very last stage to do the graded region to minimise redoing it later on. And ensure whatever spot points you simplify/delete match exactly with the primary surface when splitting the surface.

Finally, make sure when you do a graded region, there is only one (not multiples - I had at one stage about 6 or 7 topos believe it or not!!), and make sure you select the correct topo when you wish to alter it if you have multiple phases showing at once.

Make every move deliberate and you will be ok.

ajayholland
2004-01-08, 04:14 AM
I split a corner of topo surface for a graded region. The new surface only shows cut/fill quantities when it is separated from other objects. If I move or copy the surfaces back to their original position, those parameters disappear! :cry:

I've attached a screen shot. Any clues. :?:

-AJH