PDA

View Full Version : Wall Joins!?!?!?!?

dpatera1
2005-03-29, 05:08 AM
Please I need help with this one, I have no idea how to fix it!

After making a massing template I am trying to attach walls to the faces of the masses. However, the corners of the walls don't match up at all. How can I fix this? I would prefer not to bevel the top/bottom of the level wall. I would rather extend the angled wall to cover up the extra bit of the level wall. Then cut off the newly created extra bit on the angled wall (angle wall on left & level wall on right). I don't care how the holes are fixed, just need to fix it. I have no idea how to fix this and I will have a ton of these matches though out this project. What can I do???

beegee
2005-03-29, 05:29 AM
I'm a bit confused - are you attaching walls to mass faces, or converting mass faces to walls ? Its hard to tell what's happening from your image.

I suspect that converting the mass faces to walls might solve your problem, but I'm not seeing the " big picture" yet.

dpatera1
2005-03-29, 05:53 AM
I am attaching walls to mass faces.

I am trying to have the corners of the walls match up together correctly. I don't want peaks (where one wall over shoots the other) or were one one doesn't extend all the way to the other wall. Also, I assume is a given I don't want holes in the wall corners either. I hope this new image helps.

Also, after thinking about it if beveling the level wall is the simplest answer give it to me because I just need some way to level the joints between the walls.

beegee
2005-03-29, 08:10 AM
Instead of creating a wall and aligning one of its faces to a mass, try the tool under the Massing tab - Wall by Face.

Once walls are created in this way, you can adjust their heights and edit wall joins if necessary.

This tool ( as well as the Roof, Floor and Curtain system By Face ) was specifically developed to allow massing studies to be converted to building elements.