PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Revit Live vs. Revizto

shbrooks
2017-04-05, 04:31 PM
We've experimented with Revizto over the last year and found it very useful and are now considering buying some licences. Before we do, we've had a brief look at Revit Live, and whilst the graphical presentation was very impressive, the functionality seemed somewhat buggy. We've been using trials of both so have struggled to use either program to their full capacity.

Does anyone have any experience using either of these programs? How did you find them? Would you recommend them?

Many thanks.

david_peterson
2017-04-07, 01:40 PM
When it comes to these programs it all depends on what you're looking for and how much you want to pay.
We looked at Revizto and found it to expensive for what we wanted to do.
I used Live alot. It's good for letting someone walk around a single space. Unless they've dramatically improved it, full complex buildings won't work. I also ran into the same problem with Revizto. While Revizto would run, it was so slow it became useless.
We've gone another route and bought a few licenses of Enscape. Great for Quick renders and has the ability to publish the model so you can hand it off to a client and let them "Play" in the their building. It's a gaming engine sim to Revizto. It lack the ability for you to select and object and get all the meta data at this point, but it's on their list of things to add. Might be another option for you to look at. Has much better rendering than Live and Revizto (from what I remember, we looked at it 2yrs ago). Update the model and see the change in the Enscape window.
Live is great for what you pay for it (so is Enscape) and has the ability to pull meta data so I like it for that, but it's clunky. You have to send it to the cloud and pull it back. Enscape is live. Make a change, see the change.
Hope this helps.

shbrooks
2017-05-24, 10:09 AM
Many thanks David. I am trailing Enscape and my initial impressions are very good!