PDA

View Full Version : Toilet Stalls in Elevation

janunson
2005-03-29, 02:42 PM
Anyone know why toilet stalls in section show up as elevation view, even if the section cuts behind the stall? I'm using Toilet_Stall_540, which i believe i got from AutoDesk... others appear to behave the same way. When i do elevations of a toilet room, the whole point is to show the rails, hardware, etc. BEHIND the toilet stall door, but even if i use a section cut, i can't seem to get the correct view.

jeddafish
2005-03-29, 04:02 PM
I use the two dimensional family. I don't have a need for 3D toilet rooms. This way you can see what working drawings want.
--jeff

aaronrumple
2005-03-29, 04:24 PM
I use walls and doors.

aggockel50321
2005-03-29, 04:27 PM
It depends if the family is cuttable.

In Revit, go to Help. With the index tab selected, scroll down to Families /design considerations, & read that section as well as the hyperlinks. It'll give you a good understanding of how families behave when cut.

Then, if you really need to see that stall cut, open the stall family, in settings/family categories & parameters, change it's category from specialty equipment to casework. Save it & reload it, & you'll see it now cuts.

Why there's not also a cuttable template for specialty equipment is something you can ask the factory...

david.kingham
2005-03-29, 10:02 PM
I just changed the visibility of the stalls in the family so they don't display in Front/Back, don't understand why we can't just cut through them though....