PDA

View Full Version : Cavity Wall 'T' Junction

roy.70844
2005-03-29, 02:54 PM
Hello everybody,

Can anybody help me with this (or point to an existing thread, I have done some searches but found none).

I would like to form a 'T' junction between two cavity walls and maintain the continuity of the cavity (as shown in the rough sketch attached).
It seems that one of the elements always penetrates the cavity.

I hope there is a nice and easy answer to this....

Roy

brentcarlson892079
2005-03-29, 03:10 PM
Try setting up the wall like this picture... Have the air space the only part in the Core of the wall.

gravelin
2005-03-29, 03:27 PM
If you want to have all the layers in the core of the wall, just change the priority.
Don't be care of the names, just look at the numbers.
The priority of the cavity must be the heigher (1).

roy.70844
2005-03-30, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the replies. I got it to work by moving the core boundary. I was hoping to avoid this measure as we often set-out and dimension to the inner core boundary.

Wish List Request :- Please can we have more control over priorities? Even if we had a system like, dare I say it, ADT where we can assign whatever priority we want to our wall elements.

Thanks again

Roy.

mark.210614
2011-09-29, 10:02 AM
Thanks for posting question and to Brent for his reply. It helped in a resolving an issue today. Revit still doesn't have enough flexibility in wall cleanups. The situation at wraping to doors and windows is even more restrictive. Autodesk should concentrate on how things are actually built. I agree ADT had more flexibilty. Worrying!

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-09-29, 11:58 PM
Mark, what conditions are you trying to achieve at door and window openings? Can you post an example?
Wrapping control at inserts can be controlled within families as well as by wall defaults in the project.