PDA

View Full Version : Exporting to DWG - Changing Layers

neb1998
2005-03-29, 06:26 PM
I have been trying to change the layer names and colors...however when i export the file and choose the modified export layer file, it still uses the AIA standards.....even with simple drawings of a pair of wide lines, and i change the wide lines layer name and color it still defaults back to AIA standards.

What is the problem here?

Also what program are you editing the layer standard files in, i have tried both excel and notepad

luigi
2005-03-29, 06:33 PM
Dumb question, but do you select which layer export file when you are on the export file?
Also, I just use the option from within Revit, found under "import/export settings" "Export Layer DWG..."

neb1998
2005-03-29, 06:41 PM
yes i pick the correct file and still nothing happens

luigi
2005-03-29, 06:48 PM
I modified a great deal of information (from english to polish) with various colors, etc. it works for me. How have you modified the txt export file? Are you sure that the original file you are modifying isn't write protected?

Steve_Stafford
2005-03-29, 07:05 PM
When you choose File>Export you may need to browse and choose the modified file you have made. While you can edit in Notepad, you can also edit the file right in Revit. File>Import/Export Settings>Export Layers DWG/DXF should load an editor dialog.

felix.81253
2005-08-08, 11:02 PM
I have the same experience like neg 1998.
Renaming the layers works fine, alone the line-weights and/ or colors are not changing.

F.

eddy.lermytte
2005-08-09, 10:58 PM
Yesterday I needed to change a layer text file in notepad. Worked fine for me too.

Have a look at the required <tabs> for the categories you've changed.
You need to close notepad and reload the text file.