PDA

View Full Version : Split Face - Face Region, Visibility

ctc
2005-03-29, 07:53 PM
How can the visibility of a split face be toggled off in a view?

I know that I can turn off the surface pattern, but I do not see a category which controlls the visibility of the split face.

When I select the split face, neither the temporary hide command, nor the category invisible command work.

Additionally I know that I can use the line work tool to make the split face an invisible line, but this is somewhat tedious given the repetitions of the split face throughout a set of construction documents.

beegee
2005-03-29, 09:30 PM
Other than using the linework tool, as you mentioned, I don't think it can be done.

Even using worksets to control the visibility of the split region, leaves the outline of the region visible as part of the wall.

rdaniel
2008-12-04, 09:53 PM
This would be a nice feature.

Application example:
We are using split faces to manage finish materials on floors, but do not want to see the split face outlines on plans other than the floor finish plans.

jfreauff
2009-01-23, 07:16 PM
Other than using the linework tool, as you mentioned, I don't think it can be done.

Even using worksets to control the visibility of the split region, leaves the outline of the region visible as part of the wall.
I placed some split face regions on their own workset, but they don't seem to respond to shutting off & on the workset visibility.....Is there a step I am missing here or did this break in the 2009 Version?

guy.messick825831
2009-01-24, 03:49 AM
We either use the Linework tool or just turn off the floors in views we do not want to see the split lines in. We typically do not use floor based families, so no big deal.