PDA

View Full Version : LEVELS - is it all or nothing?

crarchitect
2005-03-29, 10:02 PM
Hello REVIT community,

We are experiencing an unwanted problem when it comes to the display of LEVELS. We only have the options of ALL levels displayed, or NO levels displayed. Yes, we have them all set up to go into one workset. Was this a mistake? Further, we have many, many levels. Many of these datums should have been REF. PLANES, but again, we have all inherited model files like this one...

This strategy was set up prior to my joining the team. Is there anything we can do now to control them individually or in groups? The problem is when the principle creates a new section, he can either see ALL of them- in which case he needs to individually turn off 90% of them (HIDE ANNOTATION IN VIEW) if he wants to see only the few that are pertinent to the new view, or none of them. This is quite cumbersome.

Has anyone developed a good Datum Management strategy for Levels and Ref. Planes?

Thank you in advance,

sbrown
2005-03-29, 10:08 PM
I just put them on various worksets that are turned off by default, Ie Struct. Levels, Interior Finish Levels, Whatever you want, then turn them off and on as needed.

beegee
2005-03-29, 10:12 PM
You can also associate levels with a scope box and control their visibility that way.

crarchitect
2005-03-29, 10:39 PM
Wow, that's fast! Thanks for the ideas.

Will I cause the world [model, that is] to fall apart if I start changing the worksets of these LEVELS now. let's say I create discreet worksets for each STRUCT Levels, MECH Levels, FACADE Levels... and of course I set them to not display by default, will this cause any dis-association?

And on that note, has anyone figured out how to display the Parent Child relationship for a LEVEL? I can click on LOCK icon, and SHOW RELATED. But this only shows me the two items locked together. Is there a global "see everything tied to this LEVEL" button?

Thanks again for the rapid responses. It is great to have community support!

sbrown
2005-03-30, 01:59 AM
No problems swaping items from workset to workset. Go for it.