PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Create a straight grid in an angular curtain panel

selwynvrielink750742
2017-06-01, 09:50 AM
Hi,

So I've been creating a curtain wall, which is segmented into parts that rotate 7,2 degrees per segment. Now, if I want to add a curtain grid to a segment, revit parts it into two segments of 3,6 degrees. What I try to do, is add a grid in the segment of 7,2 degrees and the it shouldn't part in two segments. Hope someone can help me fix this? In the images below you can see what happens when I add a grid.

Thanks in advance,

Selwyn

Dimitri Harvalias
2017-06-01, 03:15 PM
Welcome to the forums.
So you want to add a mullion at the mid point but you don't want the panel itself segmented? As far as I know there is no way to prevent Revit from faceting the curtain wall if you add a curtain grid.
Probably the easiest and most controllable way to do this is to make the mullion part of the curtain panel family.

david_peterson
2017-06-01, 06:40 PM
Yep, I'd agree with Dimitri.
If you want it centered, put it in the family.
Option B would require you to draw individual curtain walls, which wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion.
Option C would be to nest a curtain wall in a curtain wall. Then you can split that. You may run into issues with getting all the breaks and joints correct, at the intersections, but that's the only other option that I can think off that would work somewhat decently.