PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Can't snap to property lines

CBroda
2017-06-01, 02:32 PM
Good morning all -

I've been seeing a curious problem with creating some property boundaries, both in Revit 2017 and 2016.

I create a property line by entering coordinates in a table. Then I try to snap a line to the property line (I snap lines to the perimeter, then offset them to get
my zoning setbacks).

Well, some of the lines of the property boundary can be snapped to, but some not. Also, the weird thing is if you snap to one, say at the bottom, when you
snap to the top one, it still snaps the line to the bottom.

So what I find I need to do is make another property boundary by sketching over the first property line (which I cannot snap to so it's approximate), then convert it to a table
and then edit the table for the correct dimensions. Then it works.

Well, I hate having to type things twice, so, does anyone have an idea why this happens?

These are not always large properties. This one I tried today is not even 1/2 acre.

Thanks,
Chris

damon.sidel
2017-06-05, 01:51 PM
I'm going to guess at this... it could be a view range issue. Try creating a view, turn off everything except the property lines, and change the view range to have a bottom well below the bottom of your model and the cut well above the top. Just a shot in the dark.