PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Mitred Curtain Wall panels

ISA Proto
2017-06-02, 01:41 AM
Is there any way to mitre curtain wall system panels?

http://forums.augi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105253&stc=1

Dimitri Harvalias
2017-06-04, 01:19 AM
I am guessing you are looking for the corner panel to be mitred?
You can do all kinds of geometry gymnastics inside the curtain panel family but the easiest way is just to use a wall type as the curtain panel.

david_peterson
2017-06-05, 01:24 PM
If you have them modeled as curtain panel families you can tab-select the instance, and modify in-place the individual panel. So you could add a void to it to make the miter.
You could also just add that to the curtain panel itself.
I started doing that a lot for non-glass curtain panel families. I started using curtain walls for Terracotta and metal panel systems. When you cut the section you're about 90% detailed. Works great.

DaveP
2017-06-05, 02:21 PM
This is actually something I've always wondered about Revit for the decade I've been using it.
Why is "Mitered" not the default for Wall Joins?
Seems like Butt Joined is rarely the way you'd want to display your corners.
Butt NEVER looks right in the 3D Views. Why would I want to see the end of one of the walls?
Is there some performance or constructability reason to use butt join?

david_peterson
2017-06-05, 02:45 PM
From a building standpoint, you're not going to miter stud layers or Drywall. Glass you're not really going to miter either, you'r going to use a corner mullion, which is also very lacking in my mind. On basic walls I can usually get most of them to join correctly depending on the angle and or curve. But joining gyp on a wall to a ceiling and getting the stud layers to connect and the gyp to wrap is horrible. Only way to do it is create parts and start pushing and pulling.

The thing I dislike with Revit that seems to be missing is how these joins work. In ACA you had the ability to set priority of material to choose which material would cut and which would join and how it would wrap at openings. Some days I wish Revit had that feature. Frankly I liked the way walls worked in ACA. I think you had better options.

I think for getting things to join correctly on but joints you need to have the same material and pick on the "Wraps" check box.