PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Windowsill not displaying after window has been edited

marcieszyn
2017-06-20, 10:10 AM
Hello, Could you please help me with following:

1. I have inserted window family into the project
2. Somebody from my company Made the changes to the project
3. After changes there Is missing sill from the window within the project (attachment1)
4. when I double click the window (to open family editor mode) sill appear correctly (attachment2)

My question: How to bring the sill back to the project?

Thank you.

PijPiwo
2017-06-20, 12:01 PM
In the project, click on the window and check if there is a sill visibility parameter, either instance or type. If none to be found, check the window family - click on the sill and make sure visibility parameter is checked in the properties window. If still no go, upload your window family so we can troubleshoot.

marcieszyn
2017-06-20, 01:55 PM
# PijPiwo Thanks for response. I cannot find the sill visibility parameter for this window within the project. And visibility parameter within the family is checked... I have attached window family.

Some other facts that may be important:
- window in a project is inserted as a duplicated type
- it is one of revit standard window families
- when I create new project window appears correctly
- In my target project when I try to insert more windows (on a same wall as problematic window) they are shown only-I would say- "Inside the wall" (attachment3). And previously (before my colleague changes) it worked well.

I am sorry for that mess, but I am fresh Revit user...

marcieszyn
2017-06-20, 02:14 PM
I found another thing:

- when I change wall type sill becomes visible. But when i choose my target wall type (which is duplicated type) it disappears.

PijPiwo
2017-06-20, 03:27 PM
In the family, open section view, click on the sill, edit extrusion and lock the dimension (69.5) - see pic.
The other dim (12.0) doesn’t seem to cause the problems, but go ahead and lock it as well.

marcieszyn
2017-06-20, 03:36 PM
Thank you. Everything is working now.