PDA

View Full Version : Switch off cut pattern

roy.70844
2005-03-30, 02:27 PM
Hello everybody,

Is it possible to switch off the cut (hatch) pattern of a wall in a section view but leave it on in the plan views?

I like the idea of 'hanging' details on my section view, particularly the repeating details of brick/block insulation etc. but I need to switch the hatch off first.
I know I can do it with materials, but this affects all views.

Any Ideas????

Regards,

Roy

luigi
2005-03-30, 02:36 PM
One option, which has its own negative side effects, is to override the cut patter for a particular view to be white...the side effect is if you only want walls to be without hatch, but want the roof hatch...then you are out of luck..

roy.70844
2005-03-30, 02:42 PM
I guess I'm out of luck as I was hoping to do this on a wall by wall basis. ie
Keep the hatch on the foundations, but lose it on the cavity walls.

Roy

luigi
2005-03-30, 02:50 PM
If you want you can use details that has a white fill region behind them, so it masks the wall behind....just a thought, we used this for a mortar detail over a wall section with hatch and it works great...

aaronrumple
2005-03-30, 03:44 PM
Show the walls as coarse level of detail using the visibility overrides. Other objects you want hatched can still retain the view's setting of med. or fine.

Your foundations could then use a coarse fill pattern to show the conc.

roy.70844
2005-03-30, 03:52 PM
Nice idea Aaron. I'll give it a whirl!

Thanks again...

Roy

Edited:- Just done it. Works well. Thanks all, I don't know what I'd do without you!

aaronrumple
2005-03-30, 04:23 PM
We're doing a project now with some newbies and they are doing more drafting and less modeling. We created wall profiles which had very little detail. These just gave some basic vertical dimansions. From there they used the model as a basis for detailing. The model was used as an underlay and then toggeled off once the detail was done. Not a bad way to go for a group doing their first Revit project.

Steve_Stafford
2005-03-30, 05:07 PM
I like the idea of 'hanging' details on my section view, particularly the repeating details of brick/block insulation etc. but I need to switch the hatch off first.
I know I can do it with materials, but this affects all views.
A clever idea Scott Brown showed me months back is to make a drafting detail component that is just the mortar joint of your wall material. In other words use a filled region that, looks like a mortar joint, to mask the wall material pattern. So you place "mortar joints", not cmu or brick components...put it in a repeating detail and go. Now you can leave the hatch pattern in the walls on...