PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Change all Curve Radii of Alignment

dgs752039
2017-06-29, 12:29 PM
Hi all,

is there a way to change all curve radii of an alignment?

The options I have found already:

Explode the alignment to a polyline -> Alignment from Polyline -> "Add curves" in the alignment creation window
This somehow seems overly "complicated" - doable, but not really clean imo.
Go to the geometry editor -> Alignment Grid View and edit each curve there. This is quite laggy, even on our CAD workstations

Ideas that have come up so far in our working group:

We found that it is possible to copy the Alignment Grid View and paste it into Excel, but I can't paste it back into Civil3d. So that doesn't really work.
Go to the geometry editor -> Alignment Grid View and edit each curve there. This is quite laggy, even on our CAD workstations. As the alignments are quite long with a lot of curves, this will take a lot of time.
Somehow work with Design Criteria? We don't have real experience with the design criteria, so before looking deeper into that one, it would be good to know if the design criteria can do that.

Another idea would be to use some script, but I don't really know where to start there.

So, does anyone have an idea how to do this?

remi678731
2017-06-29, 02:17 PM
Hi
Do you want them all the same radius? The method I use I just did one is use the geometry editor of alignment delete the radius I want to change then fillet radius between two entities

MMccall
2017-06-29, 03:17 PM
Alignment grid view is all that comes to mind. Some of the lag in my test went away if I closed the Properties window that I usually have open all the time.