PDA

View Full Version : 2018 UP ARROW STAIRS

dsw98
2017-07-13, 04:56 PM
Is there anyway to reverse the UP arrow in the Stairs? The arrow is always pointing in the same direction no matter what floor you view the stairs on. This is very frustrating. I can turn the UP text off or on or change the text. But I need to be able to flip the direction of the Arrow. Is this possible?

marmiketin
2017-07-17, 01:40 PM
The arrow always points in the direction the stairs are rising. Not really sure what you are asking. This would never change no matter what plan you are looking at.

dsw98
2017-07-17, 01:58 PM
That's the problem. The arrow is always showing UP. When I'm at the Top of the Stairs on the Upper floor the arrow should be pointing Down the stairs showing the flow of traffic. Older versions of Revit were like this. See attached file. I've added Text showing DN. But the arrow should be pointing in the direction of the person walking Down the stairs.

htlmv
2017-07-18, 12:59 PM
have you tried adding the stair path? under Annotate/Symbol there is the Stair Path button click on it and then before adding to stair, change the type to "Automatic Up/Down Direction".

worst case, I just add text with 1 segment leader.

dsw98
2017-07-18, 01:55 PM
have you tried adding the stair path? under Annotate/Symbol there is the Stair Path button click on it and then before adding to stair, change the type to "Automatic Up/Down Direction".

worst case, I just add text with 1 segment leader.

YES! That worked. Thank You