PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Adding lights to switches

max752975
2017-07-13, 05:38 PM
I have placed 4 "Downlight recessed can 6" Incandescent - 120V" lights from the Revit US Imperial/Lighting/Architectural/Internal library in a ceiling host and connected them all in one switch system. I have also placed a "Switch-Single: Single" switch from the Revit US Imperial/Electrical/Architectural/Electrical Power/Terminals library on a nearby wall.

When I select one of the lights, go to the switch systems tab and click 'Select Switch' I am not able to select the "Switch-Single: Single" that I placed on the wall. I have also tried the Systems Tab>Electrical>Device>Lighting and I receive a message that says "No Lighting Devices family is loaded into the project. Would you like to load one?" When I select yes and navigate to the "Switch-Single: Single" family I select okay and then nothing happens.

I've noticed that the "Switch-Single: Single components are listed under the 'electrical fixtures' family, no 'lighting devices'. Does this have something to do with why I can't connect my lights to it in a switch system?